Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Conference was Incredible!!!

The Brown Family
 How does one say anything of value after the beautiful words of Conference!  The beauty of the changing trees in Washington, an afternoon yesterday meeting non-members that we will teach after Sassers leave, and the song of Angels during October Conference seem to have 'watered my eyes' more than usual.  I totally "stand all amazed at the Love Jesus offers me" as I experience all my senses and see and hear and enjoy all my Heavenly Father has given me.  How does one single out the words and feelings of our Prophets, Seers, Revelators and leaders of our church.  However, Elder Richard Maynes message of Challenges in Life and solving them and overcoming weaknesses in the process really impressed my heart.  His message that challenges faced will be for our ultimate good struck another chord in my heart and I loved it!  As we left our morning session, the Brown Family wanted a picture taken of themselves and I also wanted a picture of them.  He is the 1st Counselor in our Bishopric and EVERYONE loves him and his family!!
   Our service project this week was painting three garage doors after 3 days of torrential rains and I am not sure if the doors are dry yet!   The project was completed with smiles on Sister Carter's and my face, sun in the sky and two happy members of our ward.
   Let me tell a wonderful story.  Our friends, Kathleen and Alan (he is a non-member) have an extremely beautiful baby-grand piano that Kathleen's mother, who was an accomplished pianist played.  They are preparing to sell their home and on one of our visits of teaching them both, Alan said if we knew anyone who needed a piano they would willingly give it to them.  They have had it for years and no one has played it.  About a month later, we were visiting Gary, a wheelchair bound Brother who lives in our ward and whom we are friends with.  He was telling us the story of his daughter who is a gifted pianist, living in the midwest and her husband obtained a job in the NorthWest near her dad and they were excited to come.  The sad part of the story was that she had to sell her piano because it was too costly to pack or ship but her husband promised to buy her another one.  Well, because of difficulties they were unable to buy another piano,  So the story is that they have been here for years without a piano.  As we told Gary about the piano that would be given without a price he was astounded.  He told her daughter who in turn called Alan and Kathleen.  She came to their home the following day, loved what she saw and as she sat down to see how it felt, Alan and Kathleen sat with tears in their eyes at the 'beautiful sounds' came from the piano that had been silent for so many years!  This is glorious and is a simple reminder that Miracles continue to happen daily and I wanted to record this one!!  Remember, if you need any help with anything....."Just Call the Missionaries!"
         A few weeks ago I asked a non-member friend if I could borrow her card table to put my sewing machine on.  I found myself mending torn pockets, popped seams and torn shirt pockets.  It was very inconvenient to get the machine out and put it on my desk and then put it away....knowing that a few days later I would be getting it out.  So, now I am helping the Elders keep their slacks and white shirts mended and there is nothing I would rather do!!
         Wednesday of this week we had the privilege of being interviewed by President Choi and also Sister Choi... what a choice experience!!  We love them and admire them and often speak of the words and stories they have taught us.  We also went to the Temple Friday morning with the Sassers. This is one of the greatest blessing that have changed in our Mission....the Seniors may attend the Temple whenever they want to and are able!  We also went to visit Anita.  She is a member and had attended BYU and then came to the NorthWest wondering if she really believed the teachings of Jesus Christ.  She no longer comes to church, tells us she is gay, she studies the Zodiac signs and also believes in Reincarnation.  Wow!!  But we have been to see her and enjoyed some good visits.  This week we told her about a Prophet of God speaking to the world in General Conference (which she understands) and how to get Conference on her BYU Channel.  She really was interested about the BYU Channel, especially when she saw the movie, "The Work and the Glory"!  Really, some seeds were planted and I have no idea if they will grow but for the next 8 months we will continue to nourish them and remind her of what she once believed.  We both gave her a hug when we left, after the song of "I am a Child of God" and prayer.  She told us she was glad we came and invited us back!  It is by  "small and simple means" that great things are brought to pass and who knows, she is a Child of God and He loves her.  Our prayers are for her daily.
   I just "Stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me.  Confused at the grace that so fully He proffers me".  I really have felt His love in enormous proportions today and just can't begin to share my feelings, nor would I because they would do injustice to the truth of what I feel and you probably would not understand them.  I am so indebted to my Heavenly Father for the privilege I have of serving a mission for Him.  For the opportunity to meet these wonderful people in Tukwila and SeaTac and to feel the power of their Testimonies!  To those that are less-active, it is such an opportunity to meet them and remind them of those things they once knew and loved.  And for the incredible experience it is to work with the Sisters and Elders in this area...I just can't say enough.  I love them with all my heart.    I am going to end this letter so I can call my sweet 92 1/2 year old mom...who lives alone and is just "an incredible lady".  I love her very, very much and thank her for the many things she has taught me about "loving womanhood."  May God be with all of you this week and bless you!  Please take time to watch for the Miracles in your lives and record them.  
Love to all of you,
Sister Frame

No comments:

Post a Comment