Sunday, February 3, 2013

My feet are "webbed"... oh my!

           My shoes are getting tighter because my toes are starting to 'webb'. I think it is because all we see and feel is rain, rain, rain!!! Really, I have never seen so much rain in my life. And when the rain stops, the fog rolls in and the air is filled with mist. It is different than 'your' cold in Utah but I am loving what I am doing. I know you have not seen much of the sun either for forgive me for muttering.
           The weeks in the mission field are just 'flying' by. I have been gone a month and I am so surprised. The days are passing extremely fast and without the use of a calendar, I just can't remember what day it is.
           Last Monday we drove to Bellevue, Washington to have my car serviced. It took us 3 1/2 hours to have the oil changed, tires rotated, a new filter and a fan belt. I am not used to this type of service being so slow so we decided from now on we will stay in Tukwila and have our work done in this area.
          We had a District Meeting Tuesday in the Seattle Stake Center, which is our Ward building. Again and again I stand amazed at the power and authority of these young men who literally take over for President Larkin and teach and train us. They speak with Priesthood authority and challenge and guide us in accomplishing "His work and His Glory". We are continually reminded that this is not OUR work....but His and I am so humbled to be in His service. In fact, during the meeting, my thoughts were of this 'job' I had been hired to do. I was intervied by a Bishop and a Stake President... and then I was given the job by a Prophet of God, Thomas S. Monson. Those are mighty powerful interviews. I know I am an instrument in His hands to find the people I was sent here to find. And the most valuable part of this job is the incredible pay I receive which is personal revelation and increased testimony of the Savior. I am trained to be 100% obedient to the rules of the mission and promised if I am, nothing will be withheld. Can you even imagine how wonderful this feels!!
Our couple friend we found on Jan 9 asked us to take them to Federal Way for an interview at the DI. He got the job and she thinks she will have one in a couple of weeks. They have both been in prison, had very strong and multiple addictions, and have certainly not made 'wise choices'. With our help and meeting with our Bishop weekly, they are learning and growing by leaps ad bounds. They love Jesus Christ and want so much to be forgiven of their past mistakes....and it is happening. This man bore his testimony today and with tears in his eyes, touched everyone in the chapel and his testimony bore witness to all of us of the power of the Atonement and the fact we can be forgiven for our sins.
We continue to visit and meet and remind these wonderful people of the Seatac Ward of how much we love them and how they are loved by Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Our row at church now has 6 less-active members and 1 non-member sitting with us and the feelings of love for them are incredible!!!
         It is time to retire and this Sabbath has been a beautiful day.  I know Jesus Christ lives and I know he hears and answers my prayer....daily. How thankful I am to feel the assurance of this and to be able to share it with you. I know as we are willing to repent and follow the teaching of Jesus Christ we CAN be forgiven of those choices that have not been the best....I have seen it in action.
May God be with all of you this week and know I am so happy doing what I a doing. This service also has hard times, but with patience and a willingness to look at both sides of events and ideas, we can improve the kind of person we are.
 
Good Night,

Sister Frame




No comments:

Post a Comment