Monday, April 8, 2013

Where can I turn for Peace.....?

The blessings of modern communication that allow us in Seattle Washington to watch April LDS General Conference live from SLC is incredible and it does bring me peace. Today and yesterday I was absorbed in the spoken words and the beautiful music.  I rejoiced in Saturday Conference as Elder Craig Cardon reminds us of forgiveness and of the importance of continual love and showing confidence in spite of temporary setbacks with substance abuse.  Oh, I am very thankful for the blessings of being tutored by my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
 
Great News!!!   I received an e-mail from Craig.  He passed the Utah State Bar!!  Pretty great and now he adds that to the California Bar.  It is a good thing that all of us can do hard things.
 
Many are the blessings we have received in doing this wonderful Missionary Work which has caused me to joy in the mist of one of the most sorrowful events of my life.  I have been enabled to have Faith in God to a greater degree knowing he is with me.  I realize that agency is the most blessed gift we have, but when we make poor choices, such as addiction, we totally lose our agency and life is blurry and sad and extremely hard.
 
We are witnessing miracles daily and we love it!!  We find people home that have not been there in 4-5 visits and they are pleased to see us.  We usually teach a lesson and share our ipad music and their spirits are touched.  They like the reminder of what they believed when they were baptized.  It will take more visits and more time and love but I feel that many of there wonderful people with return to activity in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
 
We have met a non-member.  She is a friend of a member and had an extremely seriously broken arm so we went with the member to help clean her house.  Then we went back and vacuumed and cleaned and mopped her kitchen.  She loves us and we her.  We do not talk about the church but she continues to ask questions.  So, we will see what happens.We are helping the Elders with the Foke family from Burma.  We just love Esther and she loves us.  They were at conference and we sat by them.
 
Tomorrow is pday and there is soooooooooooo much rain we really don't want to do much or go anywhere.  We thought we might go to Seattle again but probably not.
Since I have not heard much from my family because of Spring Break I hope they have had a happy, fun and safe week.
We are all extremely blessed to live in this wonderful land of America.  Although I know nothing of what is happening in the world (no tv, newspaper, books ) but I do see hundreds of people in our neighborhood that are thrilled to be here from other countries.
I love my Heavenly Father and I know he knows who I am and what I am doing.  I know that my prayers and faith will bring someone into the lives of my children to bless them and their families as I serve The Lord.  How thankful I am to wear this Badge of Honor that says :
SISTER  FRAME
                                                           The Church of
   JESUS  CHRIST
         of Latter-Day Saints
       I love all of you!   I love your notes!   I thank you for your friendships and kindnesses!
            Take good care of all your families and friends and neighbors.

Sister Frame

No comments:

Post a Comment