Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Oh my, the Sun has been out for FOUR days!

It seems that I might have a tendency to repeat myself, but you must know I do repeat myself EVERY day.  Up at 5:30, read The BofM  and pray till 6:25 and get ready, walk till 7:00,  eat breakfast, shower, get really ready for the day, read and study till 9:00.  Then we meet at the kitchen table and recite our Washington Seattle Pledge,  recite by memory D&C 4 and then my memory recite the "Standard of Truth".  It is so amazing what this ole brain can do with the help of my Heavenly Father.  Then we study our mission lessons, more of the BofM and work on our schedule in our planning book for the day.  So, there is a great amount of 'repeat' but I really do love what we are doing.
Exciting day on this Easter Sabbath, there were 17 people that we have found 'less active' and they were in attendance to Sacrament meeting.  This is just the most exciting event we can be involved in.  They come and they like what they feel and hear and it brings back memories of how they felt when they were baptized.  Each of us need to get out of our 'comfort zone' and look around and find someone that needs a smile or a kind word or a ride somewhere.  Life is so good and remember that a smile costs nothing!
Yesterday we had a baptism for David and Peter.  They are 19 and 18 from Burma and it was just awesome.  I was asked to give the talk on the Holy Ghose (so what's new) and then they and their family and a few ward members came to our Clubhouse and had some goodies.  Our Stake Pres. does not want refreshments at the church.  He feels it takes away from the baptism and I agree.
We gave some wonderful lessons this week to less actives and I must say...again...how I love my ipad.  The music and the short videos are so powerful to touch people's hearts and then to reinforce the message that was given.
Christina and Romeo Juco, from the Philipeans, invited us to breakfast at 9 and we had fried chicken, taquitoes, long rice with many vegetables, brownies and sprite.  This mean threw off our eating plan for the entire day.  They are such a beautiful couple and they have 2 little boys who are in elementary school.  That evening we went to Gov's where our lesson was just incredible.  The two girls love us to come and their mother has more faith than ANYONE I know and I just love them.  That night we also visited Esther, the mother of David and Peter and had a wonderful visit.
Sat we went to Dick and Annabelle's home and did yardwork for a couple of hours.  He is so much like my Dad and works like a mad-man at 86.  We mostly worked in the flower beds with Annabelle.  I just loved being in the dirt and outside in the sun.  Loved it!!  Loved it!!  That night they asked us to go to Issaquah, about 30 miles north east.  Their son-in-law plays the keyboard in a fun band that plays in a Pizza Parlor.  They also introduced us to daughter RoseAnne.  Pizza was great, salad was incredible and the company was incredible.  Love these wonderful people!
We keep quite busy, infact I don't know when we sit down, except at the kitchen table to work in our Area Book and work our schedule for the week +.
My purpose here in Washington is to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them remember what they once felt and remind them of their love for the Restored Gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end.
I love what I am doing.  Yes, there are hard days and some discouraging days but....who doesn't have that in their lives.
Please remember to continue to pray for the Missionaries of the Church.  There is an incredible amount of work that needs to be done.
I love all of you!!
Love,
Sister Frame

No comments:

Post a Comment