Monday, December 9, 2013

Missionary Badge....

"If you're not a full-time missionary with a missionary badge pinned on your coat, now is the time to paint one on your heart---painted, as Paul said, not with ink but with the Spirit of the Living God".  These words express the feelings of our Prophet Pres. Monson and his living Apostles that as members we really need to help in His Harvest of Souls because Missionary Work can't go forward without the work of neighbors, friends and family.

This has been another amazing week as we have continued to invite another 112 people to our Christmas production of "The Angels Sing".  I feel like a primary child that 'sang as we walked and walked and walked' and I still am astonished,when we deliver the invitations all over the city of Tukwila, at the kindness and appreciation we feel from 95% of those people we visit!!

Wed. morning we went to visit Anita, a totally less active lady whom we have worked with and prayed for these past eight months, told us she was thinkings of us that morning and hoping we would come to visit.    Initially she told us she was not interested at all and had many issues with the church.  Well, time and patience and love and the Holy Ghost have made a difference in her attitude.  She seemed very interested in coming to the Christmas Program!!  We asked again for her to come to church and her best excuse is that she only has jeans.  "That makes no difference", we told her....and we really mean it.  Hopefully in the next 5-6 months we can help her realize the beauty of coming to church and feeling the love of the ward members and experiencing the privilege of taking the Sacrament.  I know all things are possible and we pray she will listen...and obey the promptings of the Holy Spirit.

I woke early Thursday and one of my first thoughts was of Esther so I texted her later telling her I hoped she had a wonderful day and that we loved her!   She called back (she never calls...just texts).  While talking she shared that the car had problems and that David and Peter had missed Seminary last week and the 1st 3 days of the next week.  The seminary students here leave for our Stake Center, about 10 miles away, at 5:30am because class starts at 5:45.  Her family is Burmese and she is too shy to ask for help thinking they just had to solve their own problems.  I am surprised that some of the students did not make an attempt to notify the boys and help solve the problem but no one did.  I notified our Bishop and he gave me two names to call for help.  The one said he would call me back...which he did not do and the other was all ready driving in the totally opposite end of town.  Today at church we found someone to help.  The car should be repaired in a week.  I guess I mention this because it reminds me of how thankful I am for the 'Village of people' that helped raise and drive and feed and love all the Frame Children!  The passel of children raised in our home could not have become whom they are without others help.  Yes, often all of us get tired of running and serving and doing all that needs to be done but what a blessing it is to serve...'when ye are in the service of your fellow beings, ye are in the service of your God'  Mosiah 2:17

What more can I say than, "I LOVE Zone Meetings".  We met Friday morning and this was our first meeting after transfers.  Some of our dear Elders and Sisters were gone and new ones that arrived will become just as dear to us as we will learn to serve and love them.  I say these words every time we meet at our District or Zone meetings but I continue to just be amazed at the ability of these young men, and sisters, to teach and train and motivate all in the District to go and do and accomplish all He needs us to do!.  We were taught of "Righteous Routines" we participate in daily.  These help us achieve our High Expectations.  Our dear group of young Elders and Sisters in our Zone had set a goal of baptizing 26 people in December.  During this meeting, after going to our Individual Districts, we returned and the new Goal set was 64.  This is Incredible!!!  Our Zone has led the Washington Seattle Mission forever and our Sweet Sister McBride spoke to us and  told us..."We can do it" with just as much power and authority as Elder Seppi and Elder Gardner, our Zone Leaders. Please keep our mission in your prayers, in fact, please remember to pray for all the missionaries.  We have been called to Hasten the work and the time is clicking away.  We need your faith and prayers as we join together in the Harvest of Souls for our Heavenly Father!! 

We just returned from another day of working hard...teaching, walking, delivering bread from the Bread Bank, service project at the Stake Center, visiting Brother Grenniger and Brother Treadwell, stopping at our apartment for 1/2 hour and then picking up Mah's for our Christmas Ward Party. Saw Brother John Hyde who lived in the Sharon 2nd Ward and now attends another ward in our building and it is good to see him!!   Sometimes I wonder where Sister Carter and I get the energy to keep going and doing.  No I don't, because I know my Heavenly Father needs us to do this work while we are here...and time is running out.  I know He knows me!  I know He knows and loves my children and provides untold blessings in their lives.  With all I have, how can I not "serve Him with all my heart, might, mind and strength".  
 
Thanks again for all your notes and letters and for the love you show me and my family.
Thanks to those of you who were so good to my Mom last week and during Thanksgiving Holiday.
Thanks to my family for loving each other and for serving each other.
I Thank my Heavenly Father for my testimony  of Jesus Christ, who is the Savior and Redeemer of the World.  I am extremely thankful for the Book of Mormon and for the truths therein.

May God with each of you and bless you this week.  Take time to look for Miracles in your lives and to record them so you don't forget the power of small and simple things!
 
Love to all,
Sister Frame
 
P.S.  Just  wanted to let all of you know. Our incredible neighbors who live next door and share the same walls just moved out....they have rats!!!!  Oh, I would die if they came into our apartment.  I am not even kidding you!!!   Our landlords were unable to catch them and acted rather casual about it so our friends moved!!!  I certainly hope they don't chew through the wall.  If you receive a call that I have had a 'heart attack' never wonder why.

No comments:

Post a Comment